Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oregon Coast



We have been busy just getting out and enjoying the nice sunny weather here. (Sorry to those of you covered in snow and ice!) It has been in the 50's to 60's and it has been wonderful to see the sun for so many days in a row. Last weekend we headed to Cannon Beach. We had a good time walking the beach and were there for a beautiful sunset. Marc took some wonderful pictures from there.

This weekend we went to the Diabetes Expo in Portland and learned a few other things regarding diabetes. We were also able to see some demonstrations on the insulin pump and the continuous glucose monitor. Both items that we may be interested in for Collette in the future. Today the girls and I went out to the Columbia River again to use the metal detector. We met up with some friends there and continued to find many treasures! We walked away with $0.43 total and lot of rusty nails and parts of rebar and some fishing hooks. What a find! I would walk around finding the target spots and then I had four kids each with their own holes digging for their treasure. It was a fun day! Marc was able to break away today to get out and do some target shooting practice and drive up into the hills around town.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Robin, I love the fact that you have a blog. I look at it almost everyday to see what's new. It is fun to see pictures of you and your girls. I love it! I have been keeping up on mine better than last year.! Thanks for sharing.
Debbie