
For Christmas the girls got some new snow tubes. Madison's snow tube was a gigantic tube about 54" wide and Collette's was much smaller at around 32" wide. So we headed up to a new snow park called Old Man Pass. It's on the Washington side of the gorge in Skamania County, about 90 minutes from our house. It sits at about 3,000 feet, the perfect place to find some snow this time of year.

I tried the big snow tube first since Madison was a little reluctant to try. I made it about 20 feet down the path, hit a HUGE bump and totally wiped out! Needless to say Madison didn't want to use her big tube after that. Neither did I for that matter!



The girls had a blast sharing Collette's tube. We got a great workout running up and down the hill. On our way back down the mountain we were able to see two huge elk crossing the road. We just weren't fast enough to get our camera out. But what a beautiful sight!
3 comments:
The winter pics are breadth taking. I am jealous of the scenery.
Cuz Walt
What Fun !!
I love it! I'm jealous, too--I want to go!
Post a Comment